Caramelized Roasted Cauliflower
A simple and delicious roasted cauliflower recipe. The result is unbelievably moist and comforting.
Bonus: cauliflower is very filling, yet it’s a healthy vegetable, rich in vitamins and minerals and with a low caloric value.
What to take
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
How to make
- Put the cauliflower in a pot, cover it with water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and the lemon juice. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for 10 minutes. If you’d like it softer continue to cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Set the oven to Grill at 400 Fahrenheit (~200 Celsius)
- Take out the cauliflower from the pot and put on a baking sheet in a baking pan.
- Brush the olive oil over the cauliflower
- Spread the brown sugar on top - make sure you spread it evenly so the whole cauliflower gets this gorgeous brown color.
- Roast till the sugar melts and caramelized - it should take about 5 minutes.
That’s it. Delicatessen. Best if eaten with roasted or fresh vegetables, but yummy with even nothing on the side.
To your health!